PCT Day 4 – “Nero” at Mt Laguna
5.2 miles, near 41.5 + 0.8 off trail
• We woke up pretty excited to only hike around 5 miles, meaning we could spend most the day relaxing in Mt Laguna (a “near zero” = “nero” day is when you hike into town and hang out the rest/most of the day, and a “zero” day would be not hiking at all)
• Mom sent our first resupply box to the general store in town, which went exactly as planned. We are now restocked on breakfast and dinner meals, have a ton of snacks (too many really, it’s out of control 🤪), and we bought some pepperoni and cheese for tortilla lunches
• Fun to chill on the porch, catching up with hikers we’ve seen and meeting new people
• We got to wash our clothes in a bucket with detergent and then laid them out to dry, which worked really well.
• Split a cabin with 2 other friends and enjoyed good conversation.
• I’m a morning pooper, and today’s situation was a nightmare. Our site was pinned against the river on one side and the steeper slope with impenetrable shrub on the other side. Things were becoming urgent so I bushwhacked my way into the brush until I could find a small clearing. Twigs were in my hair when I came out.
• Lunch was a disappointingly soggy bbq sandwich. And even without the bun, there was still gluten somewhere in it that disagreed with Carie. Maybe should have saved our money on this one.
• We had the door open most afternoon and now there are mosquitoes buzzing our room (ok not terrible, but annoying)
View this post on Instagram
We had a short hiking day to Mt Laguna to resupply and rest. 1. Picked up our resupply box 2. In the woods 3. Just outside town 4. All roads lead to the general store 5. Our cabin came with a bucket and some detergent to do laundry 6. Watching the sun set through the trees More thoughts on the blog, check it out via link in our bio (tandempix.blog)