PCT Day 6 – Cottonwood Canyon
18.2 miles, near 59.7
• Great to get back on the trail. Just a couple miles out of Laguna and we had sweeping views of the valleys below and the tall mountains in the distance.
• Had a nice breeze at least, not too hot during midday
• Our longest day yet, need to keep adding the mileage.
• Allergies were annoying today, think the pollen is pretty high.
• Feet are feeling pretty tired. Either from the day off or just walking more.
• Found my sunglasses broken in my pack, one of the sides snapped off, but I think they are still wearable
• It’s really windy at camp. Our tent doesn’t perform super well in the wind, so we probably won’t get much sleep.
• Won’t have water tomorrow, so we are carrying an extra 10 lb
• Anxious for our friend Pickle who was going to night hike. She’s gonna miss all the best views, and it’s gonna be tough if she wants to stop here because this site is pretty packed.
View this post on Instagram
Good to be back on the trail, we have lots of hiking to do! 1. The view just east of Mt Laguna 2. 180 panorama 3. Bees going crazy for these flowering bushes 4. I wouldn’t trust this minion to drive. 5. 50 miles! A small milestone, but the first of many to come. 6. Thought this snake was dead, it wouldn’t move when touched. But then I flipped it off the trail with my trekking pole, and it slithered away into the bushes. 7. Mileage update 8. Second time we’ve seen a tree like this with the acorns stuck in the bark 9. This is what happens when you accidentally leave a bag of gummy bears in the sun at lunch = big blob 10. Layers of mountains late in the afternoon