PCT Day 56 – Robin Bird Spring
18.7 miles, near 602.0
• Really jealous of the guy I saw this morning spreading peanut butter on 2 danishes to make a breakfast sandwich.
• We broke for lunch at a campsite with some big shady trees. We ate and took a siesta, ended up staying for 3 hours.
• Claira and Bradley arrived around 4, Clairas ankle was really hurting. They decided to try and find a way off trail so they could get her foot checked out by a good doctor in LA.
• Carie and I left around 5, leaving our friends behind. We will reconnect with them down the trail once they figure out the situation.
• We saw a really big gopher snake in the grass right next to the trail, beautiful brown stripes and no rattle 😬
• We hiked into the evening and past sunset again, arriving to the spring in the dark. It was pretty crowded, but Nibbler saved us some space next to her tent.
• The freeze dried chicken fajita bowl meal we made tonight is “Best buy December 2048”
• Our camp is very quiet and calm, a nice benefit for some good sleep. I am peeing a strong gold tint, it’s been a dry day.