PCT Day 93 – Olallie Lake
12.9 miles, near 2046.1
• Tough uphill climb right away in the morning, but we had an insanely beautiful view of Mt Jefferson for the duration. Lots of mosquitoes on top, but one of my favorite lookouts the entire trip, Mt Jefferson to the south and Mt Hood to the north.
• A long descent through some snow then forest to a road crossing where I met a Swedish couple about to hike where I just came from. They were parents of a PCT hiker daughter, she had already come through and was currently in Washington, but told her parents to come here and do some hiking. We talked for a while then I continued north.
• Pushed hard to make it to Olallie Lake resort by midday. A guy was setup providing trail magic at camp, he made us pancakes. I guess he just still had breakfast stuff out? More hikers came through and he switched to making burgers. The little store sold cans of beer, buy 5 get your 6th free.
• Took a little nap, then setup to make some dinner. “Beerback” arrived with his Subaru, ready to cook us some weenies. He quit the trail just shortly after we saw him near crater lake, now he’s driving around to cool mountain biking spots.
• We spent the rest of the night around the fire, playing singalong with the guitar.